Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A pretty pillow!

My latest crafty venture is to make pillows. Not only pillows, but NICE pillows. Most often these pillows are made out of Remnants I find at fancy stores here in town, but also sometimes made of prints that I just love. I found a 14"x28" pillow and thought it may be a fun size for my first fancy pillow. Below is the final product. Please excuse the floor shots - I don't have any bedding that would be appropriate to show off this specific pillow.



The pillows I had made before this one all included zippers. This time, I decided to mirror some of the pillows I saw at the fancy shmancy Richmond designer store Williams & Sherrill, by using a folded insert pillow back, instead of zippers at the bottom seam. This was a great idea, and turned out to be a) easier to make and b) very professional looking, EXCEPT that on my first try, I accidentally did one half of the pillow back upside down. I guess this means I'll just have to keep this pillow and not sell it! :)

More pillow photos to come soon, as I made 3 pillows last night that all match, that I am thinking of selling on my Etsy store as a set. What do you think? Should I add buttons to the back of these, or keep them as simply folded-over-parts?

1 comment: