Wednesday, December 14, 2011

almost to 1,000 views...

I checked the counter on my Etsy site this morning and found this

...aka I will most likely hit 1,000 views today!
HOW EXCITING!

Now on to the next questions...
Why do I only have one sale?
How many views does it take to get a sale?

It is time to re-visit how I'm marketing these materials. I originally wanted this site/store to be my at-night, part-time, wind-down, do-for-fun-and-personal-expression project, but those Etsy advice blogs are right again. But I'm happy to do it! This is still FUN! And I'm learning a lot.

It's also time to start thinking about changing my Etsy store name.
(It is currently "tempak.")
I only get one shot to do this, and then it will stick. Any thoughts, friends?

2 comments:

  1. One of my cousins has been doing etsy stuff for a long time and has been moderately successful. I think that one of her tricks has been to get involved with some of the etsy communities that exist out there. I don't know much about them, but there are basically groups that work to promote one another's items and create treasuries for each other and stuff. I could put you in touch with her if you were interested in getting any tips?? She has been on etsy for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My last Etsy vintage shop was pretty successful because we updated regularly. We also got on Twitter, followed lots of other Etsyers, and tweeted often. We had a Facebook page too. I haven't been nearly as good about my new shop, but I plan to get better!

    ReplyDelete