Thursday, July 7, 2011

OUTDOOR FURNITURE! finally!

Hello, to all 6 of my followers!

After a year of declaring I wanted patio furniture for our screened-in porch, Austin agreed that if I found a good deal, we could look into getting real patio furniture. So I spent a whole evening researching prices, types, etc. and we were set!

Here's what it looked like before, complete with a card table that used to house the kitty litter a little over a year ago (I say this because whenever I sat at that table, I thought about how there was kitty poo on it at one time):



Here's what I came home to a few days later, ready to be assembled by yours truly:


Davis, modeling the porch before assembly:


And after a few hours of hard work, calling neighbor Lara D'Antonio over to help scrunch sides of the chairs together, and a glass or two of "aren't we badass" wine, here is the finished product! We used the Catalina chairs and bench from World Market, with the St. Lucia table. The cushions/pillows are from Target (on clearance - I SCOURED the city for these to complete the set!)


Having relaxing porch furniture has GREATLY increased our quality of life. It inspired me to actually clean/organize the rest of the house. While Austin and I had been very excited to have a screened-in porch, prior to this, we rarely used it. This past weekend, Austin spent an entire day out on the porch listening to music and getting stuff done on the computer, as opposed to his usual weekend practice of TV-watching!

The porch was put together just in time for a huge thunderstorm/rainstorm we had this past weekend. When we lost power the evening of 7/3/11 for 3 hours, what were we to do? It was humid, raining profusely, and we had no electricity. THE PORCH! Candlelight! WINE! Eat all the ice cream before it goes bad! Perfect. Here's my cell phone pic memorializing the event.

3 comments:

  1. it looks great! i'm sure it has definitely improved your quality of life...all a room needs is one comfy chair to make you want to sit in it! can't wait to come see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what would taste great on that patio set (which looks fabulous)? The Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love outdoor living! I think comfy patio furniture is such a worthwhile investment because it extends your living space — and it's great for entertaining. Looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete