Saturday, October 22, 2011

THE QUILT IS DONE!

It only took me three + years of working off and on, and finally..

My Mary Wash quilt is complete!!!!! Oh. my. goodness. Now it's time for the photos of the process...

I uploaded this photo to Facebook on 11/08/2009, with a caption stating I'd been working on the quilt front for a year off and on, so that means I must have started it in 2008...

Skip ahead a handful of steps that involve measuring the front, adding borders, sewing those letters to the quilt, and you get to the next phase, which is when the "face" (I have no idea what it is called, but I think it should be called a "face") hangs up to air out.


And then it was time to set out the quilt backing, which kind of became a random quilt of its own. Reese likes to help with the process.


The next step was to put the different parts of the quilt together. But first, I had to clear a room to find enough room. Therefore, everything from the dining room went into the living room. I'm glad Austin was out of town for this phase. He would not have liked to come home to everything out of place...



The dining room, with the Quilt Front spread out and the Batting resting on it, ready to have the quilt back placed on top...


Ready for Basting, where I make very large stitches with embroidery floss, in order to keep the layers of the quilt together while the quilt is secured.



Pinning the borders!


Working on final buttons...
So close!






























FINISHED!!!!


Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment