Wednesday, June 8, 2011

lay-off

sad news. a few weeks before my wedding, i asked the bosses to please clarify for me exactly when the stimulus grant that i'm funded under will be ending. when i took the job, i was told it would be a solid june 2012, but i'd been getting some weird vibes at work, and could tell the math just wasn't adding up. i was given the response that they would tell me after i returned from the honeymoon, and i insisted that they please tell me before i leave, so that it wouldn't be hanging over my head on the honeymoon.

and thus, i was told that we have run out of stimulus money, and they decided the only fair way to determine who would have to leave was by looking at who was brought on first. so, effective july 15, there will be no more tdk (peters) working at our agency. when i told austin, his immediate reaction was, "it's okay. we'll get through it. we're a team." thank goodness for that man.

but the intention for this post was to share that when i told my caterer what happened, her response was to offer me a part time job: "I don't usually take on new folks, but you have experience... I know that you have an eye for detail."
AND DETAIL-ORIENTED I AM. so much that i won't be doing a wedding post until i can get the house straight. but know that one is coming. i think it's hilarious that my caterer said i have an eye for detail. maybe it's b/c she was privy to the decision-making process of the wedding event planning i undertook, or maybe it's b/c she received the most detailed copy of the minute-by-minute schedule i created.

1 comment:

  1. whoa!! are you gonna work for her for real?? DO IT DO IT DO IT

    ReplyDelete