Thursday, February 17, 2011

CITY YEAR!

My first year out of college, I dedicated a year of my life to AmeriCorps through City Year DC. It was an amazing year. And despite the obligatory group-oriented jumping jacks that I obviously was not the biggest fan of, I learned more in that year than I had in all of my education thus far. I believe in this organization and the work it is doing, both for its Corps Members and for the youth it serves.

This video was posted about City Year DC. It is the executive director talking with Comcast about the great work City Year does in DC, around the country, and in South Africa and London. I can't figure out how to embed it within this post, so I will just have to include the link. Please check it out.

Goooo CYDC!

Comcast Video with CYDC Exec Director Jeff Franco


and to read CYDC's blog, go here: City Year DC Blogspot

And for good measure, I will post a picture of one of the fabulous children I worked with, Samiya. Samiya has so much energy that we would be sitting in a circle on the floor, the teacher would ask a question, and she would jump up and burst out her answer. We worked on "inside voices" a lot... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment