Monday, February 21, 2011

Making Progress with THE INVITATIONS!

I have finished the sewing portion of twenty-five invitations (plus the samples). I am loving, loving working on this wedding stuff. I was not a bride-y person up until the recent months, when I became truly inspired and in love with the flowers by Princess Lasertron.

Even though this blog is about invitations, I couldn't write it without including some of the Lasertron designs, since they truly informed the direction of the wedding decorations.
Here are two examples of flowers of hers that I find a-ma-zing:



















and
























While I was always planning to do invitations in the style featured below, now that I understand the bigger picture of how everything will fit in, it feels more like my artistic expression.

Here is a teensy glimpse of some of the progress from today:














See those two piles? Those are 23 sewn units in the "perfect" pile, and 2 in the "almost perfect" one!
A successful endeavor indeed. (And a glimpse of the doggie helping as well.)


One of a handful of thread mishaps:


Reese helping out

2 comments:

  1. Say what! You're sewing your invitations??

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! and if you look closely at the save-the-date, you will see that I sewed that one as well :)

    it's funny how I wanted to save money by doing it myself, but it takes soooo long to do what I've designed

    ReplyDelete