Saturday, March 5, 2011

The BEST and the WORST of Wedding Planning

Today has been a day stock-piled with wedding to-do's.

Our first stop was a cake-tasting at Jean Jacques in Carytown. A co-worker told me this was the best deal in town, so of course Austin and I were going to check it out. While I am certain their cakes are awesome when they are done up, the samples were singer layer, dense, and dry, with frosting that was mediocre. It made it difficult to see what the cakes would really taste like. Either way, who doesn't love free dessert?

Our second stop was to pick up my wedding band. A potentially super exciting moment, and one that I was relieved to have over, after the drama of the prices changing and them taking my engagement ring for a month. Unfortunately, it's not over yet, b/c although they ordered the correct ring, Tacori sent back a different wedding band. Other than the blue fabric fiasco at the dress shop for my first fitting, I think this was the worst moment of wedding planning so far. A huge disappointment. BUT I'm hoping this means that all of the "go wrong" stuff will happen before the wedding and not the day of. Here's to hoping.

What I ordered:------------------------------------------------------------What I was given:


Third
in line: Finding Austin's wedding band. We went to two stores and it took just minutes at each store. We will have quotes on Monday and I bet we will have ordered one by Tuesday. It's funny how SO MUCH work and energy goes into this day and the ring is so easy for him. Good for AP!

Finally: Cake tasting at Frostings! Holy moley, this place has AMAZING cupcakes. A-ma-zing. I can't wait to take mi padre here when he comes into town, b/c their Vanilla Bean cupcake is the best. Everything is the best. I really hope their price quote comes in as we need it.



















Now: sugar food coma. Naptime necessary. So much sugar and so much running around. Super movie time b/c we don't have the energy for anything else!!
Gotta rest up for our minister taking us to a bar tomorrow to determine the best Signature Drink for the big day. Did you read that right? Yes, you did. If you are doubting me, here is a bio that was done about her, Alane Cameron Miles, a few years ago, for this program in Richmond called "Top 40 Under Forty." If that shocks you, here is more evidence of her awesomeness, other than the fact that she's taking us to a bar tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

And just for fun, I think this cupcake looks super cool, and is worth re-posting, even though it will not be featured at our wedding:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tempa - if you're still looking for a reasonably priced option for a wedding cake or cupcakes, check out Cakes by Favienne. Her cakes are super moist and she has delicious flavors to choose from.
    http://www.cakesbyfavienne.com/

    ReplyDelete